Commerce & Young Entrepreneurs Society
To nurture the entrepreneurial spirit in students by providing them necessary skills and firsthand experience in the business world.
The “Commerce and Young Entrepreneurs’ Society” first come to be in 2017 when the “Commerce Society” and the “Young Entrepreneurs’ Society” merged as one. This was the beginning of a new chapter, where our vision was to help nurture the entrepreneurial spirit in students as well as allow them to receive firsthand experience in the business world for many decades to come.
Purpose of our society.
As the “Commerce and Young Entrepreneurs’ Society” of Bishop’s College we promote free entrepreneurship and strive to inculcate valuable skills amongst our members. To help do so our society organizes events and allows students to participate in various competitions. Mentioned below are a few examples:
- Participated in the Quizcom 2020 organized by the Department of Commerce and Finance Management of the University of Kelaniya. Bishop’s College emerged 2nd place in the competition.
- Organized an annual workshop on the topic of ‘Entrepreneurship’.
- Participated in the Commerce Day competition organized by D. S. Senanayake College, Colombo. The team emerged as winners in the presentation segment.
- Organized an online carrier guidance webinar.
- Participated in an idea hunt competition, Inova organized by Royal College. Our school team was placed 2nd in this competition.
- Participated in a series of commerce day competitions organized by Sujatha Vidyalaya & Royal College.
- Organized Festivity, a sale of various arts & crafts, food, plants, clothes, …etc.
- Planning an educational trip to visit and the Colombo Stock Exchange, Lanka Clearance PVT. Ltd & the harbor.
- Organizing a sale to sell various arts & crafts made by our society members
- Organizing the annual commerce day event.
Teachers In Charge and Office Bearers
Yadushi Rex Romesh
Teacher’s In Charge
Ms. Ruchika Bandara
Ms. Uditha Rajapakshe
Ms. Shanika Wickramarathne
Mr. Hashan Withanage