To promote enthusiasm among students for the language and culture of France by appreciating its rich literature, history, music, and lifestyle.
Teachers In Charge and Office Bearers
Teacher’s In Charge : Ms. Shashiprabha Liyanage
Ms. Dinushika Ranasinghe
President : Seyara Alwis
Vice President : Elizabeth Ganesh
Secretary : Sherandhi Fernando
Treasurer : Rathushini Sriprabaharan
History of our club
- The French Club of Bishop’s College was founded in 2004 as Shashi Liyanage as our founding teacher in charge.
- The initial years of the club solely practiced annual seminars for the students reading for their GCE ordinary and advanced level
- Our club’s first ever social event “Journée Française” (French Day) was hosted in the year 2007 by the club members under Celina Cramer’s
- The following years’ committee made it a ritual to hold this event as it was the steppingstone to the bloom as a culturally active
- In the past years, our club published successful works such as and ‘Panorama’ (French Magazines highlighting the rich culture and variety of France).
- The Club successfully hosted ‘Ballade Gastronomique’ a French Food Festival in the year 2016 which made a great impression on our club’s
- The former club members have achieved colors winning competitions at the Alliance Français de Kotte representing our school’s great
- Honorable mentions should be given to presidents; Lakshi Attapaththu, Amaya Suriyapperuma, U.A. Udara (2012), Ranmini Bandara (2013), Dilini Perera (2015), Nilisha Subasinghe (2016), Thushini Edirisinghe (2017) and Teachers-in-charge;
Zainab Barry and Ms. Shiromi Tennakoon for elevating our Club to the next step by their driven passion for France and her marvels.
Recent Events and Meetings
- Festival de musique de Noël (French Christmas Carols) held via YouTube during the month of December 2020 to spread the French Christmas
- Jour de Bastille (French National day) celebrated with the club members on the 14th of July
- Journée Cinema (Film Day) held fortnightly for the club members with the intention of improving their knowledge in the language and culture of
- Cours de Français (French Classes) conducted fortnightly by the committee members for the students of grade six
- Fête De La Musique (French Music Festival) planned to be held virtually in the 3rd
Pictures or Videos