All girls are valued and take action to change the world.
To enable girls and young women to develop their fullest potential as responsible citizens of the world.
The Little Friends Association at Bishop’s College was formed on 12 th October 1929 for very young and enthusiastic little girls between the ages of 7 to 12 years.
The “Little Friends” start their service to “Lend a Hand” at home and in school together with the Sylvana and Sylvettes as per their Motto. Our association helps the girls to become confident, independent young ladies and have a high self-esteem by engaging in team work such as participating in camping trips, sleepovers, Revels and
accumulating badges by completing certain challenges.
Every year at Bishop’s College more than 40 girls get enrolled as Little Friends. Pack meetings are held every Wednesday where they engage in the following activities such as sewing, craft works, singing and games all done in “sixes”.
Apart from these weekly activities, the following events make Little Friends a much sort- after movement.
- The Enrollment Ceremony – The ceremony of enrolling “New Friends” as Little Friends.
- The Cookery Day – Preparing delicious and healthy meals using kitchen utensils, learning to set up a table and serving food.
- The Craft Day – Little Friends make creative crafts which will allow them to discover their creativity, imaginary thinking and improved their motor skills and sharing innovative ideas with peers.
- The Thinking Day – A day to think of each other and celebrate sisterhood worldwide.
- The Flying Up Ceremony – Receiving their “Wings” which is the highest level achievement in Little Friends.
- The International Day
- The Annual Sale
- The Enrolment and Flying Up Ceremony
Teachers In Charge and Office Bearers
Ms. Chamilani Ratnayake
Ms. Randima Wijesundara
Ms. Radhika Dabarera
Teacher’s In Charge
Ms. Dananjani Rathnayake
Ms. Surathni Jayawardena
Ms. Sakura Munasinghe
Ms. Charuni Buddhika